H2o Steam Properties - Installation
For information about this Excel add-in refer to the H2o Steam Properties Excel-Add In page.
If you have purchased a license and need help activating your software, please see here.
Once you have downloaded the H2oProperties Excel add-in, you can follow these instructions to install it (these instructions are included in the download in a Word document). Excel for Windows 1997 or higher required:
Installing the add-in for Excel should only take a few minutes. Please follow these steps:
- 1. Save the add-in file to your computer.
- Pick any folder on your local hard drive that is easy for you to find.
- For example, in your Documents folder, you could create a folder named "Excel AddIns".
- We recommend putting the file on your local hard drive (not a network share), otherwise you might not be able to access the help file from within Excel. If you must use a network share and you need the help function to work, please refer to the following articles on how to make that work.
- 2. Open Excel and go to the Options Menu.
- This varies depending on your version of excel:
- 2007 Office Button -> Excel Options
- 2010, 2013 & 2016 File -> Options
- 3. Click the "Add-Ins" option on the left-side menu, and then click the "Go..."" button.
- You may have to wait a few seconds for the window to appear.
- 4. Click the "Browse..."" button on the Add-Ins Menu.
- 5. Locate the add-in file you saved in Step 1, and click OK. You want to pick the file "H2oProperties-packed.xll" on Excel for 32 bit computers and "H2oProperties64-packed.xll" on 64 bit computers.
- 6. The Add-in will appear in the list and should be enabled, click OK.
- 7. Installation Complete - The add-in is now installed. On some versions of Windows / Office, there is now an additional step due to an Office Security Update in July 2016. Please see the next page for further instruction.
Trust the File Location
Important Note: There is one additional step to this installation due to an Office Security Update released in July 2016. The folder that the add-in file is saved in needs to be added as a Trusted Location in Excel. The instructions on how to trust the folder location are below.
- Open the Excel Options menu - File > Options
- Open the Trust Center menu and Add a new location: Trust Center > Trust Center Settings... > Trusted Locations > Add new location.
- Browse for the folder that you saved the add-in file in.
- Press OK, the folder should now appear in the Trusted Locations list.
- Press OK on the Trust Center and Excel Options menu to close the menus.
- The add-in is now in a trusted location and the XL Campus tab will appear every time you open Excel.